Monday, 16 March 2009

Search Terms

I decided to download 'The effects of design pattern application on metric scores' today. Firstly, I used eSearch and found it quite quickly, including full search. Unfortunately, Zotero does not recognise the eSearch format so I did a search on Business Source Premier (EBSCOhost) as well - which is where eSearch had found it - and I couldn't find it. This led to some head scratching. My search term was 'design pattern metric', which found nothing. Then I tried searching for the full title and I found it. I then realised the problem - my search term should be 'design pattern and metric' - I had left out 'and'. I now realise why I could not find many articles in previous searches. I have been searching for 'refactor pattern' and I should be searching for 'refactor* and pattern'. This should generate a wealth of articles but I have now run out of time for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment