Sunday, 17 January 2010

Online Databases and Shibboleth

On Friday, I copied an RSS feed link from my work iGoogle page to my personal iGoogle page. The feed points to a search on EBSCOhost on the terms 'refactoring AND software'. I had stopped checking it because it is so slow to update but now noticed an interesting looking article (which unfortunately turned out to be one I'd already found in a previous search) so I clicked on the link. It led me to discover that the university has stopped using Athens and is now using Shibboleth.

In 'converting' my access, I realised that I may have incorrectly limited earlier searches to the exclude some of the available databases which could mean that I have missed some articles in previous searches. This is somewhat exciting as it means I could be unblocking one of my most serious blockages. I will have to try this out at the earliest opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment