Installed CheckStyle in Eclipse 3.4.2 but before running it decided to clean up the workspace as extra projects might slow down running of the checks. This ended up taking several hours and eventually I started having problems upgrading the Subversive plugin, so decided to upgrade Eclipse to Galileo (3.5.1) and start over.
While doing that started copying my proposal into the dissertation draft. Finished this task successfully.
A few days ago, I started reading The Literature Survey (Machi & McEvoy) and am now on Chapter 2. Very interesting description of the process: scan, skim & map. I always had scan & skim mixed up in my mind as a single step which explains why I keep getting stuck. Also, I have never done the mapping step which explains why I felt so overwhelmed by the content.
I have also recently started reading Design Patterns (GoF) again and am pleased with how much easier it feels this time around. I think the key is to set aside some dedicated time for reading and not try to squeeze it into the cracks. I am reading about the Composite pattern at the moment.
About 2 weeks ago, I once again asked my colleagues to list some areas they thought need refactoring. I have their ideas documented in a dedicated Skype chat which I still need to summarise into a useable list of areas. There were not many mentioned, though.
Saturday, 17 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment